There are many advantages of gas furnaces, but there are also concerns that you need to know about related to properly caring for your furnace. A regular furnace inspection is the best way to have peace of mind that your furnace is operating safely. One of the biggest concerns is if the furnace burner needs cleaning, which is definitely something that will be handled during a furnace inspection and maintenance visit.
The furnace burner is where air mixes with the gas coming from the fuel line so that the resulting warm air can heat your home or business. If the burner is getting too dirty, it cannot provide the heat you need. A worse concern is that a partially blocked burner can put you at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. A furnace inspection will alert you if the burner needs cleaning, but here are a few symptoms that can also be experienced:
- Short cycling- When your furnace turns on and off frequently, it can be a sign that the burner needs cleaning. It can also mean you have a dirty filter, so be sure to check that first.
- Inconsistent temperature- A dirty burner keeps the furnace from providing consistent heat, so you’ll end up with varying degrees of comfort throughout the day.
- Flame isn’t blue- When the burner is working correctly, the flame is blue. If it turns yellow or orange, you should call to have the furnace serviced.
- Odd sounds or odors- A struggling furnace can exhibit both odors and sounds that aren’t normal, and air quality can also be affected.
- The furnace won’t start- When the burner is completely obstructed, your furnace will not turn on.
If you would like to schedule a furnace inspection at your Conroe, Texas home or business to have peace of mind that the burner isn’t in need of cleaning or that other issues aren’t going on, contact us at Air On Time AC. We service all types of HVAC equipment to keep it operating reliably and efficiently.