Just like your vehicles need to be checked and have a tune-up, air conditioners need those things too. Air conditioner tune-ups should occur once a year, possibly twice if your unit is a little older. Doing this will help keep your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible.
Here are the things that are being done when you have an air conditioner tune-up:
- Replace Air Filters– When your AC unit is being heavily used, the filters should be changed about every 30-45 days, but during an air conditioner tune-up, the technician will likely change it for you.
- Flush the Drain– The drain line can become clogged, so it will be flushed during an air conditioner tune-up to keep your unit running efficiently.
- Condenser Coil Cleaning– When the coils are dusty or have debris in them, it affects the performance of your air conditioner, so they will be cleaned.
- Check Freon Levels– During an air conditioner tune-up, the freon levels are checked and then filled so that your home can be adequately cooled.
- Fix or Replace Broken Electrical Parts– As the electrical parts are vital to your air conditioner running, all of these parts are checked during a tune-up. If anything is broken, it will be fixed if possible or replaced so that your air conditioner can run properly.
It is a good idea to have an air conditioner tune-up in the spring to ensure that your home will be able to stay cool in the hot summer months here in Texas. Give us a call at Air On Time AC to schedule your air conditioning tune-up today!