We recommend an annual heating maintenance service visit.
Scheduling heating maintenance before the temperatures drop is a great way to ensure your furnace functions as it should when you need it. It is also beneficial for ensuring it performs efficiently so that your heating bills are as low as possible throughout the season.
At Air On Time AC, we recommend an annual heating maintenance service visit, preferably in the fall, but if it has been a long time since you’ve had it done, we advise contacting us even if winter is already upon us.
It might surprise you how involved heating maintenance is. It is a combination of inspection, cleaning, adjusting, and taking care of any repairs that are needed. We’ll perform a 21-point precision tune-up as part of our heating maintenance program. This service includes:
- Check condenser coil condition
- Check voltage & amperage on motors
- Check condensate drain and pans
- Check refrigerant charge
- Check motor bearings for wear
- Test compressor starting capabilities
- Lubricate outside fan
- Check air temperature drop across the evaporator
- Check fan on outside condensing unit
- Water wash condenser coil
- Inspect all electrical components
- Inspect evaporator coil if accessible
- Test capacitors
- Inspect all air filters
- Check all electrical wiring
- Check compressor amp draw
- Check contactor for burnt & pitted points
- Check disconnect
- Check thermostat
- Check indoor fan for balance & cleanliness
- Check service valves for leakage
We alert you to any issues that we have found during the heating maintenance visit and address your questions about the recommended course of action. We’ll also inform you about the overall condition and provide an estimate on the remaining functional life of your furnace or boiler. If you would like to schedule an appointment at your Conroe, Texas home, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.