Signs that You Need a New Furnace – HVAC Installation in Conroe
Texas enjoys a very warm climate, but during the winter we still experience some chilly weather. When temperatures start dropping, it is important to take a close look at your furnace to ensure that it is good shape. The last thing you need is for your heater to malfunction in the middle of winter. Because it’s so warm here, many of us probably don’t think too much about replacing our furnace. Here is a quick guide to help you determine if you need a new HVAC installation in Conroe:
- Your furnace is old – If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it may be time for a replacement. Your gas furnace should last you approximately 18 years, but it has likely lost energy efficiency over time. We recommended installing an Energy Star rated furnace in your home to help you save money.
- Your bill is too high – If you have noticed an increase in your heating bills, it may be time for a new HVAC installation in Conroe. An increase in your utility bills shows that your furnace is working harder to do its job, and it probably on its way out.
- You’re paying for repairs too often – If your furnace is constantly being repaired, save money and just have a new furnace installed. If you keep repairing an old furnace that is on its last legs, you could wind up wasting a lot of your hard-earned cash.
- You’re constantly fiddling with the thermostat – If you keep messing with your thermostat and you still aren’t comfortable, it’s time to replace your furnace. Over the course of its life, your furnace has lost its ability to evenly distribute heat, making it inefficient and causing you more frustration than it’s
- Your furnace goes bump in the night – Strange noises emanating from any appliance is a bad sign, but it can be a death knell for your furnace. If you hear banging and rattling noises coming from your furnace, it is time to hire a reputable company to replace it.
- Your burner flame is yellow – Your furnace’s burner flame should be blue. A yellow flame could indicate that your furnace is producing carbon monoxide – an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas. Exposure to carbon monoxide can be fatal so be sure to call us for HVAC installation in Conroe as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing any of the above problems, or a combination of them, it is time to replace your furnace. Call our HVAC experts today at 281.883.9972 for efficient and reliable furnace installations in Conroe, TX and the surrounding cities.